When parties agree on all of the terms of their divorce, they may be able to obtain a simplified or uncontested divorce. To qualify, the parties must agree about:
- how to co-parent their children;
- who pays child support, and how much;
- whether or not alimony is appropriate, and if so, who pays and how much is paid;
- when to divide their assets and liabilities/debts; and
- who pays the attorneys fees and costs.
If the parties agree on these issues, they can enter into a Marital Settlement Agreement and Parenting Plan which outlines their agreement on these issues. Their agreement will become a part of their final divorce petition.
Contact a Florida Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
If you are considering divorce and feel that an uncontested divorce in Florida may work for you, we would like to help. Please contact us at 407.647.7887 or 877.647.7887 for a consultation with one of our divorce attorneys.